Official website of
NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (NERDC)
The Think-Tank of Nigerian Education and Development
Library and Informatics Servicess
- Establishment and maintainance of Research and Development Library to which new educational books and other related publications (learning and teaching resources) may be deposited;
- Serve as a Centre for exchange of Information on books and all related issues;
- Periodical compilation and publication of a list of completed research and development projects;
These core functions has resulted in the Library and Informatics Centre being saddled with the following derivative functions:
- Creating Learning Management System to assist online learning and
- Develop Quality Tools to determine quality/category of instructional/learning resources in terms of gender, readability and adequacy, as well as
- Build Personnel Capacity on the effective utilization of e-workstations, and
- Promote dissemination of Councils e-Resources
Scope of Service and Achievements
- Publication of the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Abstract.
- ICT Capacity building for Personnel of Educational Resource Centres (ERC).
- Development of CD/SS software for School librarians
- Needs Assessment of Teacher Librarians in Primary and Junior Secondary schools.
- Publication of the Journal of Research in Educational Developments (JORED).
- Training of school librarians in modern library management skills.
Powered by Special Duties Directorate
Office of the Executive Secretary
All rights reserved.