Official website of
NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (NERDC)
The Think-Tank of Nigerian Education
NERDC has the statutory responsibility to:
Develop, review and enrich curriculum at all levels;
- Undertake and promote book development, and local authorship for quality assurance;
- Conduct educational research for public policies formulation and implementation
- Develop Nigerian languages and promote other languages to enhance education delivery and for public use
The Council, on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) also:
- sponsors national and international educational conferences as may be relevant to her functions;
- serves as a centre for the collation, exchange and management of information on education and policy related issues;
- makes input into teacher education projects in tertiary educational institutions; as well as,
- carries out such other activities likely to assist in the performance of the functions imposed on the Council under Act No. 53.
- assess book for all levels of education for quality assurance.
Actualising Our Mandates
- Strategic strengthening of NERDC institutional capacity for quality delivery
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the following:
- basic and senior secondary education curricula
- trade/entrepreneurship curriculum
- out-of-school youth curricula
- Empowering the zonal offices to carry out needs driven educational research as well as promoting grassroots accessibility of our materials for effective implementation within their states of operation
- Carrying out sensitization and advocacy on curriculum innovations.
- Continuously assess books for all levels of education for quality assurance.
- Domesticate all global emerging issues for national development.
- Bringing to the grass root councils operations through the creation of state offices.
- Comparative study of best practices in curriculum development and implementation.
- Strengthening and sustaining collaborations with relevant stakeholders within and outside Nigeria.
- Development and hosting a world class virtual library for the management and sharing information.
- Ensuring that all public educational policies are evidenced based for effective national development.
Powered by Special Duties Directorate
Office of the Executive Secretary
All rights reserved.