Official website of
NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (NERDC)
The Think-Tank of Nigerian Education and Development
Language Development Services
Scope of Service and Achievements
- Development of bilingual dictionaries in Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba, Efik and Tiv for basic education
- Development of orthographies (alphabetic writing system) in 57 national languages.
- Development and production of a language map for Nigeria.
- Development of Nigerian languages curricula for BEC in Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Edo, Izon, Efik, Egbira, Tiv, Kanuri, Fulfulde, Urhobo, Isoko, C'lela etc.
- Development of English, French and Arabic language curriculum.
- Development of meta languages for Tiv, Kanuri, Izon, Efik, Fulfude and Edo)
- Preparation of a Dictionary of Legislative Terms.
- Development of basic expressions for tourists and learners in English, French, Arabic, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.
- Development of glossary for primary science and mathematics in nine Nigerian languages.
Powered by Special Duties Directorate
Office of the Executive Secretary
All rights reserved.