Mr. Sunday O. OwojaiyeDirector Human Resources Management
The Human Resource Management Department is the nerve centre and the hub of administrative activities of the Council as it is in any formal organization.
MANDATE / FUNCTIONS / ACTIVITIES
The Department has the following generic functions/responsibilities:
- Interpretation, application, implementation and administration of government policies, service instruments and Council's Staff Conditions of Service on;
- Appointments, Promotions and Discipline
- Records and Registry
- Training and Welfare
- Manpower Budgeting and Planning
- Industrial relations
- Statutory and advisory
- Provision of Secretariat to the following Committees meetings:
- NERDC Governing Board
- Senior Staff Establishment Committee
- Junior Staff Establishment Committee
- Staff Development Committee
- Academic Committee
- Housing Committee
- Staff Welfare Committee e.t.c
- Liaises with the Federal Ministry of Education, Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation and other agencies of government on any issues that may affect the Council.
- Routine processing of annual staff promotions, conversion/ upgrading, confirmation of appointment of staff.
- Processing of request for short term and long term training.
- Processing of annual leave, exam leave, maternity leave etc and other welfare matters for staff.
- Processing the recruitment of manpower for the organization.
- Preparation and updating of staff records of service.
- Operation and maintenance of the Registry, both secret and open.
- Processing of Pensions, Retirement benefits and related claims.
- Provision of secretariat for the Governing Board, Management Committee and other statutory committees in the council.
- Coordination of administrative activities of the Council.
- Liaison with the Federal Ministry of Education, Office of the Head Civil Service of the Federation and other agencies on policy matters that affects the Council.
- Coordinating verification and enrolments for retiring officers.
- Maintaining / keeping to rules and regulations.