Official website of
NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (NERDC)
The Think-Tank of Nigerian Education and Development
Curriculum Development Services
Scope of Service and Achievements
- Development, printing and dissemination of the 9- Year Basic Education Curriculum to schools.
- Revision and reduction of the 9-Year Basic Education Curriculum into 10 subjects
- Printing and dissemination of the revised 9-Year Basic Education Curriculum, (Pry 1 to 6 and JSS 1 to 3) to schools
- Development of Teachers Guides for the implementation of the revised 9-Year Basic Education Curriculum
- Unbundling of the Reading Curriculum from the English Studies Curriculum in collaboration with USAID.
- Development of Sample Scripted Lesson Plans for the teaching of English Studies at the Primary and JSS levels in collaboration with USAID
- Development of Teachers Handbook for the Selection and Use of Instructional Materials from Local Resources
- Training of Master Trainers on the 9-Year Basic Education Curriculum nationwide in collaboration with SMOEs and SUBEBs
- Development of Trades/Entrepreneurship Curricula for out-of-school youths.
- Revision and Upgrading of the Senior Secondary School Curriculum in all the 42 mainstream subjects based on the new curriculum structure.
- Printing and dissemination of the new Senior Secondary Education Curriculum to schools.
- Development of curricula for 34 Senior Secondary School (SSS) Trades/Entrepreneurship subjects
- Development and printing of Teachers Guides for the implementation of the new Senior Secondary Education Curriculum (SSEC) in Science subjects and two core cross-cutting subjects; English and Civic Education
- Infusion of National Values Curriculum (NVC) into Basic & Senior Secondary Education in collaboration with ICPC
- Infusion of NVC into Teacher Education at NCE level in collaboration with ICPC.
- Capacity building workshop for teachers on the Teaching of National Values in Basic Education in the 6 geo-political zones
- Training of out-of-school youths in Trades/Entrepreneurship in the South - South, South East and North Central Zones
- Development and infusion of Road Safety Education Curriculum at the Primary and Junior Secondary School levels with support from the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)
- Development of Disaster Risk Reduction Curriculum and infusion into Basic and Senior Secondary Education with support from National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
- Infusion of Food and Drug Safety Education into Basic Education Curriculum with support from National Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC)
- Development of Consumer Education Curriculum and infusion into Basic Education with support from Consumer Protection Council (CPC)
- Development of e-curriculum and educational resources portal (SIDMACH Technologies)
- Development of instructional materials from local resources.
- Development of Basic Education Curriculum for learners with special needs (visually impaired)
- Developed and produced hard and electronic copies of the Instructional Sign Language for Nigerian Schools (ISLTENS)
- Development of SSE curricula for Special Needs Education
- Development of Teachers' Guides for the curricula adapted for Special Needs (both BEC and SSE curricula).
Powered by Special Duties Directorate
Office of the Executive Secretary
All rights reserved.