Official website of
NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (NERDC)
The Think-Tank of Nigerian Education and Development
Book Development Services
Service Scope and Achievements
These are basically for the purposes of:
Our efforts at assuring education quality and standardization include the preparation and production of:-
- quality assurance and
- readership promotion in the basic education sector.
For readership promotion in the Basic Education sector, NERDC contributions are in:
- Teachers Guides for the 9-Year BEC
- Teachers Guides for Senior Secondary Education Curricula
- Teachers Guides for the curricula adapted for Special Needs (both BEC and SSE curricula).
- Teachers' Handbooks for the:
- development of instructional materials from local resources
- selection and use of instructional materials.
- promotion and establishment of readership clubs in JSS at Zonal level
- activation of its Young Readers Clubs (YRC) with the Brochure in all 36 States and FCT.
- Activation, nationwide orientation and mentoring of states and zonal coordinators with the Brochure of YRC
- Coordination and promotion of national book-fairs in the six geo-political zones.
- Training of Teachers' on the techniques for inculcating good readership habits and creative writing skills in learners
- Assessment of over 4,000 titles of school books (supplementary readers and related instructional materials). These books are for primary, secondary, tertiary and general readership.
Powered by Special Duties Directorate
Office of the Executive Secretary
All rights reserved.